BIOESQUE PRIVACY NOTICE
Last Updated: April 24, 2018
Data privacy is important to Bioesque Corporation (“Bioesque”). This Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice") explains how information is collected, used and disclosed by Bioesque and applies to information collected when you use or access the Bioesque website (the “Site”) online or via mobile, products, services or applications, or when you attend a Bioesque event or otherwise interact with us. We respect the privacy rights of users and recognize the importance of protecting information collected about you. If you use the Site as part of an entity or organization that has an agreement with Bioesque, the terms of that organization’s contract for use of the Site may restrict our collection or use of your information more than what is described in this Privacy Notice.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use and maintain your personal information. It also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of your personal information.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the "Last Updated" date at the top of this Privacy Notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you more directly by email or means of a notice on the home page prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice whenever you access the Site to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy. If you disagree with any changes to this Privacy Notice and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Privacy Notice, you will need to deactivate with us and stop using the Site. Your use of the Site after the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
We may collect certain user information (including personal information and/or sensitive personal information) in the following ways:
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect information you provide directly to us including when you visit the Site, register for, and/or use the Site. For example, we may collect information when you register with the Site for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access the Site(including but not limited to when you upload, download, collaborate on or share files or other information), participate in any interactive features of the Site, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, or communicate with us via third-party social media sites
The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, your picture, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your Bioesque Site profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, if you choose to provide your picture, your picture may reveal your gender. We also store the files or other information that you upload or provide to the Site ("Content") in order to be able to provide you with the features and functionality of the Site.
The information of third parties such as name, email address, etc. as may be provided in order to enable the functionality and features of the Site. For example, if you invite a user to the Site, we will collect their email address in order to provide them with an invite to the Site in order to collaborate on the Content you designated.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use the Site, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We may monitor user activity in connection with the Site and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload, download, share or access while using the Site, the Content you access, and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content on the Site.
- Log Information: We may log information about you when you access and use the Site including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), the Web pages that you visit, the Content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the Site.
- Device Information: If you access the Site from a mobile device, we may collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We may ask for or access your location based information from your mobile device with your consent through our mobile apps.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We may (including service providers who are working on our behalf) use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Site and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use the Site without re-entering your member ID and/or password, understand which areas and features of the Site are most popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images (also called "gifs") that may be used in the Site or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Advertising Cookies: We may partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third parties may use tracking technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other websites you visit in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information collected through the Site for the limited purpose of providing the Site and related functionality and services for which the Site has been engaged. The information may be used to perform a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Site;
- Enable you to access and use the Site, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing Content and sending emails on your behalf;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about Bioesque and our select partners;
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Site, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Site, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Site;
- We may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about events or activities related to Bioesque. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to Canada and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will not share personal information about you or any Content with any third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice or in connection with the Site. For example, we may share personal information about you including as follows:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to Bioesque.
- Corporate Account: If you are an individual Site registered user and the domain of the primary email address associated with your Bioesque account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and such organization wishes to establish a Bioesque corporate account, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your email address.
- For Collaboration: We may share your information, including when you choose to use collaboration features on the Site that by their nature support sharing with third parties who you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account (including your photo), and any Content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of the Site.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of Bioesque, (d) to protect Bioesque, our customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
COLLABORATION AND SHARING FEATURES
Bioesque may offer collaboration features or other integrated tools, which allow you to share your Content through the Site. As a function of the collaborative features and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of Content with people you want to collaborate with or with the public.
While no service is completely secure, Bioesque takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, sensitive information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on the Site is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Account Information & Retention
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your information or by emailing us. We may retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We may retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as directed by paying customers. Bioesque may retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, Bioesque will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us.
Promotional and Newsletter Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from Bioesque by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails.
You may be able to log in to our website using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS
Bioesque may include social media features. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on the Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may place links on the Site. When you click on a link to a third party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Bioesque. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.